Hello Friends & Ministry Partners,
Hard to believe that it’s been another year, making 3 years now we’ve been in full time road ministry – what an adventure it’s been! We're incredibly thankful for the Lord's blessing on our ministry and the lives touched through the message that He's placed on our hearts and His awesome presence during times of worship and prayer - to God be the glory! He is faithful to complete the work that He’s started.
Specifically, here are some of the victories we're thankful for and would love to celebrate with you from 2016:
· We wrote and recorded a brand new 12 song CD project entitled “City of God” which we had the honor of working with producers Ian Eskelin & Barry Weeks and a team of very talented musicians and co-writers in Nashville. It was “soft-released” in October for our 3 month music and ministry tour in New England (where we sold out!) but will be officially released world-wide this year in 2017. Please keep this project and the partnerships we’re considering to help distribute and market it in prayer.
· After a year of careful study, hard work, and prayerful insight, we wrote (with the help of our good friend Dr. Andrew Sargent) our second book: “GO! Making 21st Century Disciple Makers”. We’re excited to announce we’ll be partnering with the Assemblies of God who will be publishing the book and releasing it this year through their “My Healthy Church” distribution channels in churches worldwide! We’ve already been encouraged by the good reports of how it’s helped inspire and better equip people to make “disciple-making disciples” of Christ within communities along our travels, and we pray that the Lord will continue to use this book to build up the Body of Christ and challenge us all to better fulfill the Great Commission within our own lives.
· We had the joy and privilege of sharing the gospel and our personal testimonies in the Bahamas with thousands of students in 3 different public schools (ages ranging from 6 – 15 yrs old) on the islands of Grand Bahamas (Freeport) and Nassau. We also led the students, teachers, and faculty in worship and prayer, and were blown away by the overwhelming reception of the gospel by both the kids and the government school authorities. Our visits to the schools made the Bahamas local news where we were then interviewed by reporters and given a platform to share about Jesus on prime time Bahamas news channels! You can see some of this interview and some clips of the school assemblies on our FB page and YouTube channel “The Cashmans”.
· We began developing our next musical and devotional series on the birth of Christ “EMMANUEL”. This will be a follow up to “SAVIOR” and (like “SAVIOR”) will also include a CD, devotional book, small group curriculum, and a musical component that will allow for live touring and church worship team use. We were thrilled to minister through it, along with a wonderfully talented string trio (cello, violin, viola) and band, during a small concert series we booked in New England this past Christmas season. We’re looking forward to future touring with “EMMANUEL” and completing the music and devotional project in the near future!
· In 2016, we had approximately 150 dates and shared our music and ministry across 9 U.S. states, 7 islands, 5 schools, and 2 countries where we've had the joy of seeing God's hand at work as prodigal sons and daughters return home, and Christians are challenged in their personal faith to make disciples! We've also had the blessing and honor of meeting and making relationships with amazing pastors and ministry leaders in varying cultures and denominations along our travels.
· We (including Roadie :-) have been protected and kept safe through various challenges including, at times, unexpected RV/ car issues and severe weather. We've also been financially stable and growing despite expenses occurred to keep our ministry supported and going forward.
***** BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!! *****
Please keep us in prayer as we are getting ready to embark upon a new adventure this year. We’re preparing now for a big move back to Nashville, TN in April (next month)! We’ve loved the past 6 years in Florida, and all of the friendships made along the way. We’ll miss it here, but after over a year of deep consideration, prayer, and counsel, we’ve come to the realization that a move back to Nashville is the right thing for us and our ministry at this time. Exciting opportunities are being extended to us there as well as partnerships that will be a great benefit to the work we’re doing. Please stay connected with us through social media, and we’ll promise to do our best to keep you updated!
THANK YOU to all of you who have encouraged, supported, and prayed for us and our ministry. THANK YOU to all of the churches, venues, pastors, and ministry leaders that have invited us this past year and many of which have also re-invited us for next - we've been so blessed to have met you and shared our music and ministry with you and your communities. Most importantly, THANK YOU LORD for Your amazing grace, love and faithfulness. We are imperfect people who serve a perfect & holy God who is able to use our brokenness and surrendered lives for beautiful purposes.
We leave you with this passage from Ephesians 3:20-21: “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” God bless you and your family in this new year ahead!
With Love & Gratitude,
Jonathan & Britney Cashman