Hello Friends & Ministry Partners,
Hard to believe that it’s been another year, making 3 years now we’ve been in full time road ministry – what an adventure it’s been! We're incredibly thankful for the Lord's blessing on our ministry and the lives touched through the message that He's placed on our hearts and His awesome presence during times of worship and prayer - to God be the glory! He is faithful to complete the work that He’s started.
Specifically, here are some of the victories we're thankful for and would love to celebrate with you from 2016:
· We wrote and recorded a brand new 12 song CD project entitled “City of God” which we had the honor of working with producers Ian Eskelin & Barry Weeks and a team of very talented musicians and co-writers in Nashville. It was “soft-released” in October for our 3 month music and ministry tour in New England (where we sold out!) but will be officially released world-wide this year in 2017. Please keep this project and the partnerships we’re considering to help distribute and market it in prayer.
· After a year of careful study, hard work, and prayerful insight, we wrote (with the help of our good friend Dr. Andrew Sargent) our second book: “GO! Making 21st Century Disciple Makers”. We’re excited to announce we’ll be partnering with the Assemblies of God who will be publishing the book and releasing it this year through their “My Healthy Church” distribution channels in churches worldwide! We’ve already been encouraged by the good reports of how it’s helped inspire and better equip people to make “disciple-making disciples” of Christ within communities along our travels, and we pray that the Lord will continue to use this book to build up the Body of Christ and challenge us all to better fulfill the Great Commission within our own lives.
· We had the joy and privilege of sharing the gospel and our personal testimonies in the Bahamas with thousands of students in 3 different public schools (ages ranging from 6 – 15 yrs old) on the islands of Grand Bahamas (Freeport) and Nassau. We also led the students, teachers, and faculty in worship and prayer, and were blown away by the overwhelming reception of the gospel by both the kids and the government school authorities. Our visits to the schools made the Bahamas local news where we were then interviewed by reporters and given a platform to share about Jesus on prime time Bahamas news channels! You can see some of this interview and some clips of the school assemblies on our FB page and YouTube channel “The Cashmans”.
· We began developing our next musical and devotional series on the birth of Christ “EMMANUEL”. This will be a follow up to “SAVIOR” and (like “SAVIOR”) will also include a CD, devotional book, small group curriculum, and a musical component that will allow for live touring and church worship team use. We were thrilled to minister through it, along with a wonderfully talented string trio (cello, violin, viola) and band, during a small concert series we booked in New England this past Christmas season. We’re looking forward to future touring with “EMMANUEL” and completing the music and devotional project in the near future!
· In 2016, we had approximately 150 dates and shared our music and ministry across 9 U.S. states, 7 islands, 5 schools, and 2 countries where we've had the joy of seeing God's hand at work as prodigal sons and daughters return home, and Christians are challenged in their personal faith to make disciples! We've also had the blessing and honor of meeting and making relationships with amazing pastors and ministry leaders in varying cultures and denominations along our travels.
· We (including Roadie :-) have been protected and kept safe through various challenges including, at times, unexpected RV/ car issues and severe weather. We've also been financially stable and growing despite expenses occurred to keep our ministry supported and going forward.
***** BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!! *****
Please keep us in prayer as we are getting ready to embark upon a new adventure this year. We’re preparing now for a big move back to Nashville, TN in April (next month)! We’ve loved the past 6 years in Florida, and all of the friendships made along the way. We’ll miss it here, but after over a year of deep consideration, prayer, and counsel, we’ve come to the realization that a move back to Nashville is the right thing for us and our ministry at this time. Exciting opportunities are being extended to us there as well as partnerships that will be a great benefit to the work we’re doing. Please stay connected with us through social media, and we’ll promise to do our best to keep you updated!
THANK YOU to all of you who have encouraged, supported, and prayed for us and our ministry. THANK YOU to all of the churches, venues, pastors, and ministry leaders that have invited us this past year and many of which have also re-invited us for next - we've been so blessed to have met you and shared our music and ministry with you and your communities. Most importantly, THANK YOU LORD for Your amazing grace, love and faithfulness. We are imperfect people who serve a perfect & holy God who is able to use our brokenness and surrendered lives for beautiful purposes.
We leave you with this passage from Ephesians 3:20-21: “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” God bless you and your family in this new year ahead!
With Love & Gratitude,
Jonathan & Britney Cashman
We're excited to announce that our new EP project "In the Light" is now mixed, mastered and officially complete and available for purchase! This project has been a fun one for us, at it explores a modern folk/ rustic side of our music. The 5 song project includes our originals: In the Light, Dead Man Walking, Away, Lesson to be Learned, and Take Me Back. It was recorded at Wildwood Studios in Franklin, TN with producer Brendan Harkin and later mixed and revised by Grammy and Dove award winning producer Barry Weeks in Nashville, TN. We had the honor and privilege of working with a team of internationally acclaimed studio musicians (several of which we met through the recordings of SAVIOR Musical and Britney's worship album) including: Dave Cleveland, Steve Brewster, Mark Hill, Jason Webb, Mike Payne and violinist/ string arranger David Davidson whose phenomenal playing you may recognize from his work on artists' albums including Blake Shelton, Chris Tomlin, James Morrison and one of our favorites, The Civil Wars.
The cost is $7 through www.TheCashmans.org/store and for a limited time, shipping will be FREE! We'd like to give a big thanks to all of you who continuously help support our ministry through the purchasing of our books and music, and especially to those who bought the first cut version of this EP which helped us complete the project. The love and grass roots support we've been receiving these last couple years on the road has been amazing and appreciated more than you could ever know! We hope that you enjoy our newest music project and we thank you for allowing our music and ministry to be apart of your lives!
Jonathan & Britney Cashman
* sampling preview of the EP can be heard through the music player below and also at www.TheCashmans.org/store
As we reflect on this past year, we are nothing short of amazed by God's faithfulness, provision and guidance. When we stepped out into full time travel ministry just over a year ago, we'd be lying if we said that even amidst our hard work and preparation, we weren't nervous and even a little scared at times. Would our ministry be well received and effective? Would we be able to stay booked enough to support ourselves on the road? On and on and on. We humbly admit all of that because we want to give God the glory that despite our fears and doubts at times, He was and continues to show Himself faithful to us that "He who began a good work is faithful to complete it".
This past year has been quite the adventure, and it's stretched and built our faith more so than we could've ever imagined. We're so incredibly thankful for the Lord's blessing on our ministry this past year and the lives touched through the word that He's placed heavy on our hearts (specifically about discipleship and the great commission) and His glorious presence to touch, heal, and save week after week during times of worship and prayer - to God be the glory!
Specifically, here are just some of the victories we're THANKFUL for and celebrating from this past year:
- Our musical SAVIOR was translated into Spanish, performed for over 7,000 people at Iglesia El Calvario in Orlando, FL on Easter Sunday, and we all were completely blown away as we witnessed over 400 people flood the alters to receive Christ! SAVIOR the Musical CD was also translated and recorded in Spanish, again with the gracious help of Iglesia El Calvario!
- Jonathan, along with the help of Dr. Andrew Sargent, after 3 years of vigilant writing, editing and field testing, completed the 40 chapter devotional book that accompanies SAVIOR the Musical, entitled "40 Days with the SAVIOR". This book was also translated into Spanish this year. To date, we've personally sold over 1000 of these books directly and have seen them utilized within churches as small group curriculum and for personal study and spiritual growth.
- We recorded a new EP featuring some original songs of ours with the help of some incredibly talented musicians and producers including Brendan Harkin from Wildwood Studios in Franklin, TN and we're looking forward to further developing this project into a full length CD with the extremely accomplished writer and producer Barry Weeks this coming year!
- Our ministry was featured on TV and radio broadcasts throughout Latin America sharing the gospel and talking about SAVIOR the Musical and devotional book.
- Jonathan and Dr. Sargent started writing a new book on the Great Commission to be released in 2016.
- In 13 months of full time road ministry, we've had over 100 dates and shared our music and ministry in 16 different states. We've had the blessing and honor of meeting countless people who've impacted our lives for the better and we've made some amazing friendships along the way. We've also seen every week God's hand at work as prodigals return home and people are challenged to make disciples.
- We (along with our dog Roadie) have been protected and kept safe through RV failures on the road, hail storms, intense heat waves, and tornadoes. We've also been financially stable and growing despite expenses occurred to keep our ministry supported and going forward.
It's been challenging and hard at times, but over all, incredibly fulfilling. Ever since we got married over 9 years ago, this has been something we've always wanted and felt called to do together. It's hard to believe sometimes that we're actually doing it and living it now! We hope that all of this is encouragement for someone out there that if the Lord has truly called you to something, no matter how crazy and impossible it may seem at times, that partnered with your hard work and determination He is faithful to bring it to pass.
The map below is a glance at the places we've ministered at this past year (RED PINS), including a few upcoming soon, and also including some national parks and poignant places visited along the way (places we've always dreamed of going to that we were able to finally see this year!)
THANK YOU to all of you who have encouraged, supported, and prayed for us and our ministry this past year. THANK YOU to all of the churches, venues, pastors, and ministry leaders that have invited us this past year and many of which have also re-invited us for next - we've been so blessed to have met you and shared our music and ministry with you and your communities. Most importantly, THANK YOU LORD for Your amazing grace, love and faithfulness. We are imperfect people who serve a perfect and holy God who is able to use our brokenness and willingness to serve for beautiful purposes.
We leave you with this timely passage from Colossians 3:15-17:
"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
On the way down south, we stopped in Pennsylvania and Tennessee where we continued our ministry at other churches and also recorded a new EP in Nashville, TN at Wildwood Studios! We were privileged to work with producer Brendan Harkin as well as top notch studios musicians who also recorded on Britney's worship CD as well as SAVIOR. We were also honored to work with violinist and master string arranger David Davidson who's worked with artists such as Chris Tomlin, Michael W. Smith, The Civil Wars, Carrie Underwood, Kari Jobe, Casting Crowns and many more. By the end of the week, we completed our debut acoustic/ folk inspired EP with songs "Dead Man Walking", "Away", "In the Light", "Lesson to be Learned", and "Take Me Back". We plan on completing the full length CD in 2015, but this gave us a head start in making some of these songs available. The new 5 song EP was soft released just a few weeks ago and is now available for purchase on our website!
After Tennessee, we made our way back down to Florida where we touched base at home and have since been traveling out and ministering primarily on the weekends. Also when we got home, we took care of some RV maintenance and repair from the bumps and bruises it weathered during our trip up north. (Who builds low bridges in front of campground entrances anyway??!! Oh the stories we have to tell... :)) On a rather sad note, we had a great personal loss on New Year's Eve. After a 5 year battle with cancer, Jonathan's mom went home to be with the Lord. We were there with her through the holidays as well as the night she passed away. She was a truly wonderful woman and an inspiration to all who knew her. We love and miss her greatly, and we're thankful for all the time we've been able to have with her these past five years. This brings us to New England now, where we flew up a week ago for her memorial service in Rhode Island.
Well everyone, that's a brief recap of all of the major news within the last few months of our ministry. For more information and to see where we'll be ministering in the weeks and months coming, please see our "TOUR" page. Thank you again for all of your prayers and support. There's been no doubt that the Lord has been with us and we are so thankful for all the doors He's been opening! Be encouraged to "go into all the world and make disciples..." - we love you!
We spent a few "off" days visiting some absolutely beautiful locations in Cape Cod and Maine! The scenery up here (especially this time of year) is just gorgeous. The RV is running strong (although we have had our adventures to say the least... ask us later about "the Cranberry Bog" story.. :)) and Roadie has been adjusting to life on the road! He's quite the little adventurer ;) On another note, we do have a pressing prayer request for our car we towed up here to travel locally with - the car overheated and blew a head gasket... we've been calling on some mechanics the last couple days and making arrangements, and praying it's fixed quickly and as inexpensively as possible.
Otherwise, all is well and we're looking forward to this week ahead! We'll be at Hope Community Church in Putnam, CT and Pembroke Coffee House in Pembroke, MA this weekend and Crossover in Providence, RI and Sacred Exchange in Warwick, RI the following week. We will also be doing a benefit concert at The Upper Room Coffee House next Sunday night (Nov. 2nd) in West Warwick, RI. Tickets are $15 and all proceeds go to providing Thanksgiving dinner for underprivileged families in Rhode Island. 2 tickets feed a family of 4. If you're in the area, we hope to see you there!
Lastly, even now as I write this, Jonathan and his writing partner Dr. Andrew Sargent are working vigorously on completing the revised and 2nd edition to "40 Days with the SAVIOR" devotional and hope to be sending it out for final editing and publishing this week! Please keep them in prayer and be looking for updates on the new book!
Well, I think that's about all for now. It's been a busy last few weeks and I'll try to be better about updating this blog! Also, check out our Facebook pages for pictures and updates - (I'm much better about updating those :)). Thank you all for your prayers and support - we love you!
- Britney Cashman
Jonathan & Britney